Beck Wadworth keeps things in order.
How important is downtime to you?
Really important – to be honest I wish I had better work life balance but at the moment any downtime I can get is bliss. It’s so refreshing.
What do you do to unwind?
Every morning without a doubt I go to my local cafe down the road called Bru with my boyfriend Jason. We order coffees and I have quinoa porridge and re-group for the day. It’s the perfect way to unwind. Also, every Friday night we order dinner, have a red wine & watch a movie together. After a hectic week it’s the best way to relax.
Do you have any daily rituals?
Heading to Bru in the morning for coffee and quinoa porridge.
What advice would you give to people who want to create a sense of calm in their home?
Find what makes you feel calm and at ease. For me I love a light space with beautiful plants to keep my home fresh. I am also a huge lover of candles, artwork and music for creating a calm environment.
Where is your best vacation spot for Downtime?
Twice a year I go home to Marlborough, New Zealand to relax and unwind amongst the vineyards with my amazing family. It’s the best way to re-group, unwind and relax – and refuels my drive and energy. It’s also when I set myself lots of goals for where I want to take my business and brand. Fresh air, family and beautiful views – the perfect combo.
What tips do you have for packing a suitcase?
– When you’re ready to start packing your bag, make sure you create some order. Fold your clothing into either outfits or categories e.g. tops, pants, and try to keep them all in one section of your suitcase.
– Invest in a suitcase that has multiple zipped compartments to avoid everything getting mixed up.
– Save space by stuffing your hat with a jumper. This protects your hat from getting squashed and makes your jumper easy to access.
– Keep all your underwear in a lightweight garment bag, this saves all your small essential items spilling out across your luggage and is easy to pull in and out of your bag daily.
– Toiletries are some of the heaviest and hardest pieces to pack when you travel. Avoid the stress by investing in travel-sized essentials that you can grab every time you travel.
Tell us a bit about what’s on your downtime playlist.
I’m all about the old school classics with a mix of Beyonce & Rihanna!
Who is your downtime partner in crime?
My boyfriend Jason and my girlfriends.